Are you looking for home-based business opportunities with no startup costs? Then keep reading! I will show you how to start your own business with no money! 

If you’ve ever worked a job you didn’t enjoy, you’ve likely thought about entrepreneurship. When I worked as a nurse, I often dreamed of being my own boss and working from home. But back then, I had the mindset that you needed a lot of money to start a business and that it was complicated to begin. 

Luckily, with technological advances, it is easier and more affordable than ever to start a business from home. And in many cases, you start with zero money upfront.

In today’s post, I’m covering 15 home businesses you can start with no money!

1. Be a Short Task Provider

If the web had been around when I was younger, I would have spent so much time testing different side gigs and short-task websites.

With short tasks, you can take surveys, test websites, transcribe audio files, answer questions, and complete administrative tasks; the possibilities are endless!

While you’re not going to get rich completing micro-tasks, it’s an excellent way to start making money on your own terms. It also gives you experience, and it’s totally free to get started!

Here are some of my favorite online side jobs to check out:


When you sign up with Appen, you can work on long-term and short-term projects, microtasks, and data and survey collection. Each task has a payout amount associated with it, and you can choose which tasks to work on. You’ll often need to take a test to prove your proficiency for the projects, but once you do, you have access to higher-paying gigs. With Appen, you’re working as an independent contractor, making you a small business owner. There are no startup fees to start with Appen; all you need is a computer and an internet connection.


Fiverr is an online platform where you can sell one-off freelance services like designing a logo, writing an advertisement, editing a photo or video, image creating, voice-overs, and so much more. With Fiverr, You can price your gigs anywhere between $5.00-$10,000. With Fiverr, there are no startup costs. Just create your profile and list and price your services. Once you make a sale, Fiverr takes a 20% cut, and you keep the other 80%. When Fiverr first started, all gigs were priced at $5, hence the name. But today, it’s evolved into a major freelance marketplace where many freelancers earn six figures a year!

If you’re interested in Fiverr, check out this book, The Fiverr Master Class